Thursday, November 13, 2008

Snowmen Crayons



The boys and I made snowman crayons the other day. It's pretty simple and turned out very cute. We have been saving all the pieces of broken crayon for a while now. All you have to do is peal off all the labels, brake the crayons in at least half, but more if you can and place them in a mold like a muffin pan. I have a couple snowman ones I got from the dollar spot at Target. I use them for make seasonal candles, but they pulled double duty that day. Heat your oven to between 275 to 300 and bake for about 8 minutes, but watch them close. Once they start to melt they melt quick. You can cool them on the counter or in the fridge to speed things up.

If making these crayons doesn't sound like to much fun, you can buy similar recycled crayons on www.etsy.com.


1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh, these are so cute, Autumn! I only heard about these diy crayons recently, but I think they're the most fab idea!