Thursday, August 28, 2008

Keeping up with what's current

So I have been feverishly working on cutting, sanding, painting, frosting, etching wine bottles so I am ready for the fall and winter months. I am hoping that there is enough interest to make the cut wine bottle my primary offered candle, but mean while I have been looking at new jar options for my current line. I did love the jars I was carrying, but alas, they are being discontinued and I have to find a replacement. As I have become more educated about how candles work and burn and have continued to test, test, test, I can say with 100% certainty that the best candle jars are those with straight or nearly straight edges. The good news is that wine bottles work perfectly. They are made from thick glass which makes them safe, and they are straight, (well at least to the neck, which I cut off anyway)so they create the ideal burning situation.

Ok, ok enough about wine bottles. The reason I keep on blabbing about the shape of the glass is that I wanted to show you the new tumbler and cooler shaped glasses I am adding to my etsy shop. I am continuing on my quest to find candle jars with lids that resemble my old jars, but have a more condusive shape, but until then this candles burn great and look beautiful. I hope you think so too.






No comments: