Tuesday, April 22, 2008
Thursday, April 17, 2008
So in further steps to undo my daily damage I have come up with 2 more things (we I would consider substantial for our family,) to move out of the red and into the Green. Here they are; First I vow to (and have started some) replace all my cleaning supplies with more natural, and hopefully home made cleaning solutions. I have been searching the web for recipes for everything from a replacement for my beloved 407 to home made laundry soap. I will let you know how my new found recipes turn out. Second as a family, (ok my husband and I) have decided to declare Friday as NO TV DAY!!!! I know this doesn't sound like much, but we are serious TV addicts. But isn't that what the DVR is for. I figure since summer has to get here eventually this is a good time of year to make this change. We watch much less in the summer anyhow. Now those of you with children know that TV can be a big part of a preschool and toddlers life unfortunately. I know there will be those (probably childless) who say "kids should be watching TV anyway. Why not NO TV ever?!" Get back to me when you have 2, 3 or 4 little ones and just need 20 minutes to make dinner. We have decided to give this special Friday a different name. NO TV Friday will only incite children to bag for TV they would have otherwise not even missed. We have declared it Special Activity Day instead. I have discovered that if you call anything"special" my 4 year old thinks it's the greatest day of his life. I am excited for these special changes to take place. Hopefully these small/big changes will inspire you to celebrate Earth Day all year long. It can be like New Years, but with Green Resolutions.
Sunday, April 13, 2008
I make my massage candles with skin or cosmetic grade soy, shea butter, coconut oil and essential or fragrance oils in skin safe amounts. All my massage candles are 100% dye free. I feel like I found a way to make a extremely high quality massage candle by at almost a third of the cost of most large companies. I am really proud of it. If you would like to sample my massage candles please join me at some of the up coming craft fairs I will be doing. I bring small samples so you can try my product before you buy.
I will be posting my up coming fairs as they approach. Hope to see some of you there.
Autumn Comfort Candles
* Soy wax is all-natural - Soy wax is not made from petroleum, like paraffin candles. Burning of soy candles does not increase the CO2 level in the atmosphere. It is biodegradable and totally sustainable!
* Soy candles last longer - They can last up to 50% longer than paraffin candles.
* Wax spills are easy to clean - It's very difficult to remove paraffin wax from furniture or textiles. Soy wax spills can easily be cleaned up with hot soapy water.
* Soy candles produce less soot - Soot is very unhealthy and can eventually coat furniture and walls. Soy candles produce about 90% less soot that paraffin candles.
* Soy supports the American Farmer - Soy wax is made from soybeans grown right here in the United States. By purchasing products made from soybeans, you are supporting the U.S. Economy and the American farmer thereby helping to reduce Americas dependency on foreign oil.
* Soy candles burn uniformly - Soy wax candles burn more evenly, so the wax is not wasted and burn time is extended.